Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

We started out Christmas Eve at my mom's where we broke from the traditional turkey and ham and instead had homemade lasagna for dinner. Yum! I LOVE good food. Then she gave all the kids their presents and let them open them there.

Here they are all waiting for the OK to start opening the presents.

The chaos has begun.

I had to share this picture because I love this face. Grandma gave him a WII game he had been wanting for a long time.

This is Christmas morning. Emma asked Santa for two movies. He brought her one of them and a portable DVD player to watch it on. Her sister gave her the other one.

Andrew asked for the Lego Republic Gunship and Santa surprised him with the Trade Federation MTT too. I know your impressed that I know the names of this stuff. It's all part of having boys.

This is Christmas night after he finished putting the gunship together. Lucky for him his nice mom helped him sort out all the pieces so he could work on it faster.

Katie got the doll furniture she wanted and twin dolls to go with it. The one on the right looks just like her.

And Nathan was thrilled to see his Team GeoTraxs Airport that he's been asking for the last three months.

Here it is all put together with the train part he got last Christmas. I must admit this one is super fun to play with.
Later Christmas day we ate the most amazing dinner. Every year Gary cooks a prime rib and this year was his best. With homemade rolls and garlic mashed potatos, you can't get much better than this! (Sorry no pictures, I was too busy eating.)

Everyone got new outfits for Christmas Sunday. This is right after church. (Hey Stacie, check out my shoes!)
We hope you all had an amazing holiday also! Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like a merry christmas! I love the last picture of the family in their new outfits.

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a WONDERFUL and yummy Christmas!! That red head in the fam pic has to be Wendy and Trents!!! LOL!!! What a good mom you are knowing the Star Wars stuff!! LOL

Heather said...

Oh wait!! Was that Micah and Minty's? I forgot they had a red head!!! oops

Gary and Michelle said...

Heather- the little boy red head is Micah's but the three girl red head's are Wendy's. Crazy huh?

hales said...

CUTE SHOES!! I haven't seen those anywhere or else I would have them too. :-) (I already have a bag that would match them. But of course . . .) We'll talk.
And those toys the kids got look way too fun to play with. We're coming over for a demonstration.

Jill said...

Looks so fun! Merry Christmas Winders.(it's New Years Eve, I can still say that can't I?)

Chandra said...

Wow! Everyone got what they wanted-Go Santa. Good food, presents, and a day of playing with toys...who could ask for more!

Brad and Leslie said...

I must say I did like those shoes. I was a slacker this year - I didn't buy new shoes or outfits until after Christmas. :)

Keri Miller said...

Michelle, loved the pictures! cute, cute, cute. We really miss all the toys. Now those were fun!

Julianne said...

Hi Michelle. It's Julianne. I'm excited to have found you! I miss not knowing what's going on! Looks like life is going well for you guys! Love your blog title. :)

DMN said...

I can't believe how big your kids have gotten! It has been way too long since I've seen you guys!