Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowmen, Dance Recitals and A Fly on a Rose

The kids had a great time playing in the snow and were able to build this snowman, with a little help from their dad.

This is Black Mountain and it usually is black. I have never in my lifetime seen it covered in snow. I think they said it got 8-10 in. of snow.

Friday night was our Christmas Dance Recital. Here's Emma and her BFF Madi. They did a ballet dance as the toy flutes in the Nutcracker.

Her tap number was to Jingle Bells.

Katie's class were the Russian dancers, also from the Nutcracker, for their ballet.

For her tap number they did Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.

Here is my friend Karley. I just love this girl.

And lastly, on Saturday Gary was clipping our rose bushes and found this fly that had froze on this flower. We couldn't believe it. Our lows have been below freezing the last couple of days but this was still hard to believe.


5 comments:

Leah said...

I love your snow pictures!! Your kids are going to look back on that time as something really special. How often does that happen?!
The girls did so good at the recital I can't wait to see the video.
If I was a fly on a ROSE! EWWWWWW!
That's pretty amazing.

the Dover Family said...

Seeing the pictures of your girls in their dance costumes reminded me of when Devynne used to dance when she was little. It was always so fun when recitals came along because the costumes were always so cute and the dance routines always made me feel so proud of her. :)

Heather said...

Wow!! What a busy month it is!!! The girls are adorable!! The fly on the rose is hilarious!! Must have smelled REALLY pretty for that dang fly to stay there long enough to get frozen to it LOL!!

mandmpotter said...

Maybe the fly was dared by another fly to stick his tongue to the rose and just like in the Christmas story, it got stuck there, what do you think, maybe?

hales said...

I'm sure it was a "double-dog dare" that did it.