Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Favorite Place


Most people would say their favorite place to go is Disneyland. And while we absolutely love it too, I would have to say our favorite place to go is Pine Valley. Gary's parents have a cabin there and they are so kind to let us use it when we need to escape. Which happened to be last Friday. We left as soon as the kids got home from school. We stopped in St. George to eat a sandwich and arrived in Pine Valley about 6:00pm. It was chilly but we didn't even make a fire. Of course the kids had to have hot chocolate immediately. We watched a movie and then went to bed. Saturday morning after breakfast the kids started screaming "It's snowing!" At first I didn't believe them but we ran to the window and there were snowflakes falling. It continued off and on all day.
We left about 2:00pm and headed to Cedar City. We stopped to visit Stacie, Dale and their girls for a while and then went to Jayce Owens baptism. (our old neighbor) It was so much fun to catch up with friends that are more like family. We got back to Pine Valley about 8:00pm.
Sunday we went to church. Gary, Emma, Andrew and Katie stayed for the whole three hours. Nathan and I went back to the cabin after sacrament because they don't have a nursery. The kids had fun going to Primary in the attic. I think Gary just enjoyed being able to sit through class. After church Gary's Aunt Joyce came over and ate dinner with us and she brought us some homemade caramel - she's the best. It was hard to pack up and come home. Hopefully we can make another trip before the year is over.
Here are some pictures of the kids having fun. I would have taken more but my hands started shaking in the 27 degree weather.





Pretending they are cold. I think they really were.







7 comments:

Cheri said...

Hooray!! Now I can check on you guys since we almost never get to physically see you! I love that picture of your kids too - they're just the cutest. And I'm so jealous about Pine Valley; it's often that I wish we had a place in the mountains (sorta) where we could escape.

Leah said...

I love Pine Valley also, even though I think it's been 7 years since we've been. I think that's why we go to Mt. Charleston so much...so I can get my Mountain fix!! Sounds like you all had a great weekend!

hales said...

Life is good in the mountains. (I guess.) Life is good at the beach too. Awww.
So where are the pictures of you and Gary??? On the 4-wheelers?

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

I'm doing great! I miss you SO much:) Now we can totally stay connected.

Dr. RUBENSTEIN! lol What fun. Tell him I say hello. I've been tempted a few times to make an appointment. My neck gives me troubles from time to time.

I have to go. Aidan is in desperate need of a diaper change! I'll catch up later.

Heidi said...

Yeah Michelle, so glad you guys started a blog so we can keep in better touch with you.
Pine Valley sounds like a wonderful place - maybe someday Andrew and I will have a place of our own in Southern Utah that we can 'escape' to!

Brad and Leslie said...

This looks heavenly! So fun....

Jill said...

We love camping there. What a nice getaway. Glad your blogging. Swing by mine anytime.