Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma!

Emma celebrated her 12th birthday yesterday. I am amazed at how fast she has grown up. I remember bringing her home from the hospital and thinking, O.K. what do I do now? She was tiny (5lbs) and adorable. And because she was in the hospital for 10 days the nurses had mostly taken care of her. But I shouldn't have worried, she was a great baby. She has definately grown into a beautiful young woman. Since she was born Emma has been an amazing child. She is humble and honest. She tries to do the right thing always. She is smart but also wants to see all around her succeed. She is responsible and organized. I never worry about her getting things done, she usually does them before I ask. We are so glad she is a part of our family. We love Emma!



The kids after Nathan was born.


My favorite picture of Emma and Katie.


Preschool graduation.


Five generation picture.

Having fun in the rain.



We always knew she'd play the piano.

Our first family picture. (Emma was two months old)

7 comments:

Brad and Leslie said...

Aww! I have a great picture of you, Gary & Emma at our wedding. You guys look like you're 15 years old! Happy Birthday Emma! I didn't see you yesterday to tell you!

Laura H. said...

12!?! When did that happen? Wow! Happy birthday Emma! We love ya!

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Emma you are gorgeous, just like your mommy! Happy Birthday!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! I so remember that last picture of you guys when she was 2 months old - didn't you send that out as a Christmas card that year or something?

hales said...

Emma -- you are awesome. One of the very best young women that I know. And your family isn't too bad either.

Leah said...

Those pictures are so cute that you found!!
Happy Birthday, Dear Emma!

Melissa said...

We are not old enough for you to be having a 12 year old!!! She is beautiful and you are blessed that she is such a wonderful daughter. I'm sure part of that is becuase she has such great parents but don't tell her that.