Monday, October 20, 2008

Andrew's Wolf, Nathan's Cowboy and Emma's Last Day

Andrew received his wolf badge last Wednesday. He worked really hard to earn it (so did his parents). I had no idea the cub scout program was so crazy.

Here he is with his badge and the rocket he made. They launched them in the parking lot after the pack meeting.
These are his leaders, Bro. Darrington and Bro. Hales. Andrew loves them both.
Nathan decided he would be a cowboy for Halloween. Actually his parents talked him into it and doesn't he make the cutest sheriff. Gary showed him a scene with Doc Holliday in it to help him get into character.

This is a regular picture of a cowboy.

This is a cowboy getting ready for a fight. I love that he can't help smiling even though he was acting upset.

It was Emma's last Sunday in Primary. I was doing fine until we sang to her and then I stared feeling emotional. I can't believe she won't be with me next week. I also can't believe I'm married to a man old enough to have a daughter her age. She is growing up too fast, but she'll make a beautiful beehive.

She's dressed up like a Japanese girl for the song "Children All Over the World". It was part of my sharing time and Leah did a great job with the costumes.





6 comments:

hales said...

If Nathan came trick-or-treating to my house, he would get LOADS of candy for being so cute.
I can't believe Emma will be 12. I remember totally hogging her at Thanksgiving 12 years ago and not letting anyone else hold her -- including her parents. She was the cutest, tiniest thing and now she's a Beehive. Sheesh. Happy Birthday Emma!
And congrats to Andrew. One more award down. 300 to go on the path to Eagle. (ha ha)
And does Katie have any more teeth left??

Leah said...

I can't believe that Emma won't be in primary anymore!I look to those older girls a lot during singing time! It will hit Madison as soon as she has to walk into the primary room alone AND go to activity days alone! She'll have to show Madison the YW "ropes" in a few months!
Andrew looks excited about his award but you have me scared for when Scott's scout I can hardly handle what i've got now! Yikes!
Nathan is just adorable as a sheriff..move over Wyatt! And so responsible to leave his guns home when we went out to the mall.

Cheri said...

Gosh, I thought Emma was still 8 or 10 or something. You have your own baby-sitter now!! I need to live closer so she can watch my kids. You guys are ancient! Just kidding - only Gary is. :)

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Your children are SO cute! Emma is 12! Last time I saw her, I could hold and cuddle her. She is stunning:) I need to ask, who got your beautiful curls? Are you that greedy?! LOL

Clearly, too many years have passed. I'm so glad we have blogging now:)

Amber said...

I'm excited you have a blog!! Welcome to the blogging world.

Three things:
1. Isn't scouts the greatest??
2. Nathan makes a really cute cowboy.
3. I can't believe Emma is going to be in YW!!!

Brad and Leslie said...

I can't wait for Trevor to be in Scouts. It's a lot of work, but at least it's fun work.

Nathan was so cute last night. Every time I saw him & Brad talking they were having a gun fight.

Don't cry in Primary today. Leslie will take good care of Emma in Beehives.