Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tag

I was tagged by my friend Heidi. Here is the sixth photo from the sixth folder.

Nathan was 18 months old. I was teaching a piano lesson and he wanted me to come see something. When I told him just a minute he got mad. As he ran away he tripped on his blanket and slammed his face into the side of the coffee table. As soon as I turned him around blood came spilling out from under his bottom lip. I took him to Urgent Care where they stitched him up which was no fun because I had to hold him down. And the medicine they used to numb him up didn't work. The nurse said it should make him sleepy but Nathan was wide awake watching everything the doctor was doing. It was crazy but it healed well and he was left with just a small scar. I should feel lucky, he is my only kid that has ever needed stitches.

6 comments:

Heather said...

YOU are lucky!! Poor baby!!! That's just awful!!! Macenzi and Ashton have both had stitches. Aidan probably could have used stitches, I just didn't know how to explain the accident lol so we didn't go HAHAHA!!! I think he was better off not going in the long run anyway!!! Great POST

Dad said...

Ahh, poor Nathan. And poor YOU having to watch it all.

Keri Miller said...

I don't get the tag thing. How did you know how and what to do? By the way in this picture even with the stitches you just want to suck his little lips off. So cute!

Heidi said...

Cute picture and great story - kids getting stitches is the worst. Zach has had them twice (on the same eyebrow mind you) and Mason once. I hate how they have to strap them down and you have to be right there helping to hold them still so you see everything!!!

hales said...

I just noticed that I am "Dad" on that one comment. I was on David's email instead of my own.
Melody

Allred Family said...

Poor Baby, stitches cannot be fun :( i need your e-mail address so i can invite you to see our blog. our e-mail is allredfam@yahoo.com
Your family is so cute, i cannot believe how big the kids are getting!!!!