Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthday Time Again

I cannot believe it! Katie has turned eight years old. What can I say about this child? She is one of the most joyful and animated kids I've ever known. She never holds back and always tells you exactly what she thinks. She talks like she's 20 and sometimes thinks we should treat her that way too. She loves to play with her friends. And she is amazing with little kids (she'll make a great mom one day). She brings so much laughter to our home and we love her so much.

Just waiting to open her presents.

Minutes old with Grandma Nanette.

Ready to be blessed.

I love these eyes.
Whenever Katie is excited about something her eyes get bigger and bigger.

As a little child she was always happy and ready to laugh.

On her new birthday bike.
Happy Birthday Katie!

9 comments:

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I agree - she is one dang cute girl. I bet her dad gives her everything she wants. :) Miss you guys!

hales said...

What a cute and fun posting. Happy Birthday Katie!

Chandra said...

Well Happy Birthday Katie and perhaps future daughter-in-law(you never know) Cute pics & cool bike.

Allred Family said...

Wow kids sure do grow up fast, I cannot believe Katie is 8 already! Looks like she had a FUN birthday!

Laura H. said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I can't believe she's so big! I still think of her as the little 3 year old I met her as. See you in a couple months!

Brad and Leslie said...

I can't believe she's already 8. They grow up way too fast. I hope we are able to make it to your baptism Katie!

mandmpotter said...

hum the tune...sunrise sunset(fiddler on the roof)...where is the little girl I carried...it all goes by so fast. Happy Birthday Katie, I can't wait for August 1st!

GHFamily said...

Happy birthday Katie! Come visit us on our blog at
ghwinderfamily@blogspot.com

Keri Miller said...

The picture of her sitting on the top of the couch, that's the wasy I remember her. She was that age when I moved here. 8 so sweet!