Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Two Busy Weekends

Saturday, February 28th we started at our Stake Baptisms. Andrew was asked to play a piano duet for the musical number. I am so proud of this kid. He chose 'I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus' and we practiced a lot that week. At the baptism he did a great job. He said he was a little nervous but the song sounded wonderful. (All that hard work is finally paying off)

Here we are after it was all over.

Then Gary and Andrew headed out for Monster Trucks. This is the second year they have gone with our friends the Owens and the Johnsons. They said it was super fun. Andrew's favorite truck is Blue Thunder. The other kids and I went to my niece Sarah's baptism. Luckily she was the first of the ten kids to get baptized. My brother took Katie and Nathan to the dinner and Emma and I came back to watch the Young Women Conference. Her first one. It was great.

Last weekend we drove up to Salt Lake and went to conference. This was the first time Emma and Andrew have been. We had tickets to the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions. It was amazing to sit and talk with our kids about the prophet and apostles. They both said they loved it but I think Andrew had more fun when we went shopping with Melody and Carly while Gary was at the Priesthood session.

In back of the Salt Lake Temple. We walked through the two visitor centers and looked inside the Tabernacle and the Assembly Hall.

And now I am frantically preparing for our next busy weekend. Gary and I were asked to be a pa and ma on our Stakes Pioneer Trek which starts tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some good pictures to share from that, maybe we'll even be smiling in some of them.

9 comments:

Amber said...

Andrew did such a great job playing the piano at the baptism. I love that song.
Have fun on the trek!!

hales said...

Conference vs. Pioneer Trek. Really brings the scripture about opposition in all things to light, doesn't it? :-) Have way too much fun!!

Cheri said...

How cool for your kids. And, great picture of you and Andrew.

Our stake is having a pioneer trek this summer and I keep wondering if that's something I would love to do or hate to do. I can't decide! Have fun - you guys will be great.

the Dover Family said...

I was at the Priesthood session too. I wonder how I missed you...oh yeah, because that center is HUGE!!!

Heather said...

WOW!!! You are a busy gal!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Good luck at your trek!!

Keri Miller said...

We have as yet to go to conference. We have great desires though! So I can't wait until we do. Beautfiul pictures!

Michelle said...

I knew I'd seen your blog link somewhere and sure enough it was on Keri Miller's page. Email me at michelleyharris@hotmail.com so I can send you a few of the pictures that you and Gary were in from the trek. :) Hope you're recovering better than I am...lol. And we ended up with Little Caesars, blech.

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

Marc was there too! Saturday and Sunday morning session! He was also at Priesthood:)

Laura H. said...

Way to go Andrew. Make sure he doesn't give it up early like I did - learn from Uncle Michael!